Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Day Away with Mickey


Oh my gooooooodddness! Being as dedicated and focused on a music career as I am, I physically and mentally geared and prepared myself for the long day of a million foot steps around Mickey's home. It seems no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I'm constantly crafting and contemplating my next move with my music. It was my sister's, my nephew's and my niece's birthday bash, I had to let my daily thoughts fizzle out and join the fun for one day! I forgot what it was like to be a kid... A bliss of innocence. On a handful of different rides, I couldn't help but to laugh from the deepest part of my core and scream as LOUD as I could as my gut dropped to the floor. The speed of wind pulled my cheeks back to my ears permanently it felt like. Ha ha! It was so good... kinda therapeutic in a way. (Yes, that's me in the front row on the left with my nephew! I know it's not flattering, but hey, it's Disneyland man, Mickey doesn't care what you look like.)

Throughout the day, I observed all the amusingly funny children that run around with their cotton candied faces and their forgotten balloons trailing behind them, the unique couples holding hands, the fabulous parade of smiles and familiar cartoon celebrities. I found myself singing along in my head to the speakers that covered Disneyland. I have to say, by the end of the magically "It's a Small World" tour, there was a moment that I took a deep breath and realized, this is how it feels to take a REAL vacation. I let go of all my worries for 24 hours and just simply enjoyed the moment. And the most important joy of all was, how amazing my family is and how grateful I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment